Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Win32API what I need to learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oita01

Programmer
Jan 22, 2005
US
I have an interrupt driven application to develop which will need to: log in to a secure site, retrieve current data, do math, then enter a different secure site and enter values, then log into another site to send a text message to notify success.

I'm pretty fluent with C/C++ and assembly. I'm presently learning htm/html. Does Win32API have the tools I will need? Should I look into another lang such as PHP, javascript, etc...

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Win32 API is not a programming language. It is a set of tools (functions) available to other languages, such as VB, C++, etc., that allow you to interact/communicate with the Windows OS.

If you are going to be working within the Windows environment and already know C/C++ then you might want to look into C# ('C' sharp) and the .NET environment.

zemp

You can use the API functions to open tcp/ip socket connections to remote hosts and then to exchange data over those connections.

Search on the web for the header file winsock.h

Thank you everyone. I will check into all that is advised.

Oita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back