Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is VMPRO able to generate calls + play messages ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibroth

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
IT
End user needs to use VMPRO to generate specific messages directed to the users, any idea ?

tks

Log into personal mailbox and create a message then send to list of users. Were you looking for something more complicated?

The message does not have to be left into the mailbox (then, how to do that?) but should be rang to the extensions as a normal call

You are trying to create messages in vmpro then send to a group of users phones that rings the phones then plays the one message at each phone?

Sounds like you could use loudspeaker paging.

what kind of message is this? do you mean a voicemail message? or some kind of message that the person recieving the call hears when they answer the call?

It's not what you know. It's who's on Tek-Tip's

Should be a FIRE ALARM message, to be played automatically by dialling a short, best as an intercom call to all DS or IPs

I think it's best to just to have them dial a paging shortcode and shout "Fire Fire Fire", that and hitting the alarm will get the message through :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

will this "Fire Alarm" message be needed to play to everyone or the first person to pickup the phone?

say you have 5 people in the office. you set them all in a group and have all 5 ring at the same time. you would then have the first person to answer hear the message.?

sounds like you might want something a bit more complicated and not designed for a phone system but i am not 100% on phone systems so i could very well be wrong.

It's not what you know. It's who's on Tek-Tip's

That's my answer, but the guy who dials the short would like escape at the same time.....

don't they have a fire alarm?

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

He can't have much respect for his colleagues if he can't give them 3 secs of his time...selfish git :)

read the VM pro examples relating to the POST Dial Action & use a paging group to page all phones
(I still think a bl**dy loud fire alarm bell is the prefered solution)

Interestingly enough, I'm looking to do something similar with VM Pro.

I'm trying to configure a setup where when a voicemail is left in a certain mailbox, a call is sent out to a Hunt Group with a pre-recorded message.

Example: Caller leaves message in afterhours mailbox. VM Pro calls Hunt Group of twinned Cells and when answered the Hunt Group member hears a notification of new voicemail.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Joe

I am using the post dial action for a company that has a couple of locations in town for the purpose of Tornado alarm. It works great. Just dial a short code and walk away. It plays over the phones and loudspeaker paging.

Not really the best way of initiating a Fire alarm though, when the day comes that the VM PC/server has had an update that's stopped the VM from working and he dials the shortcode just to get the Disconnected/busy tone....what's he then going to do....if he waits long enough to notice it hasn't worked that is :)

This is what I though, IPHello, what did you do ?
Could you explain me, pls ?

hibroth, I would be very cautious with this, I assume it is a cutomer of yours, if something goes wrong with this it's your ass in a sling as you programmed this up....I personally would flat refuse to have anything to do with this unless I had written confirmation that this is not the primary/sole means of inititiating a fire notification/alarm and it is not guarenteed to work under all circumstances.....even then I would think twice :)

I have a plant where they hit a code that starts a relais connection (needs to be reset manually so once on it will be on until it gets turned off by the Plant manager or the fire burns it to bits) and that starts a tone generator over the paging system.
Anyone hearing that signal will walk out the door, I know because when I installed it I caused a short with my punchdown :)
So all you need is a relais that stays in state once activated a tone generator and then you use the shortcode for the contact closure on the system to activate it.
But like amriddle said this is not a replacement for the fire alarm just an addition

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Wouldn't you rather play a nice game of chess Professor Falken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back