Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Virus more Virus protection than Microsoft Critical Needed? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOSHELP

Instructor
Jul 11, 2005
US
Wranglig interminably with virus protetions both free and fee; but is more protection than Microsoft Critical Updates
really needed by ordinary home-owner, non-professionals?

Very much so, Anti Virus background and One shot scanners, Anti Adware, Firewall and with the exception of a good firewall, not just one of each.
Even then somthing will get through now and again, if you have enough protection it might not be intact enough to cause any damage.

Steve: Delphi a feersum engin indeed.

I had went from AOL dial up to DSL and it wasn't even 2 weeks before I lost my homepage and was getting a pop up per minute.I run the AVG free version, and I pay 20 dollars a year for a product called Stopzilla that keeps my homepage from being hijacked and has stopped all pop ups.

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

You should check, but GoZilla (related to stop zilla?) contained spyware that monitored sites visited and replaced ads on the sites with ones they wanted to show....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back