Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is vb.net the right language for :

Status
Not open for further replies.

jflaurin2015

Programmer
Aug 16, 2014
CA
I'm looking to build a small social network. When the user searches for new friends it will discard all profiles that are already friends with him on Facebook. I'm new to this but my guess is that I will need to connect to Facebook API and add to my database all of my users friend so that if any of his friends are registered to my social network site then they will be exclude from the search results.

I'm guessing that this can be done using ASP.Net and MySQL...but I only have VERY limited knowledge of these 2 coding languages. Before I invest time learning them would you say that they are the best ( and easiest to learn). or would you recommend learning/using another coding language. At most the database will only have 10,000 users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back