Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is v5.1.7 compatible with SQL Server 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Programmer
May 23, 2002
IE

Hi,
I hope I have the right forum.
I'm using BO v5.1.7, and it links to a database built in SQL Server 2000. I'm going to migrate this database to SQl Server 2005. The tables and views which Business Objects reads from will not be changed w.r.t. structure, data-types, field names etc.
Does anyone know of any issues with this?
Thanks in advance.

This is a Crystal Forum and not a Business Objects forum. It is labled Business Objects because Crystal Reports is owned by them.

There is a Business Objects Solutions forum, if you use the find a forum it will show it to you:

regards,
ro

Rosemary Lieberman
rosemary-at-microflo.com, Microflo provides expert consulting on MagicTSD and Crystal Reports.

You will get answers more quickly if you read this before posting: faq149-3762

It should work fine, at least with ODBC.

As for migrating the database, that should be fine as well, just detach and copy the database elsewhere first just in case.

As Ro rightly points out, both of those questions should be placed in their appropriate forums for the best results.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back