Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this the way to restore archived web projects to a new PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryo

MIS
Aug 3, 2001
NL
Thanks,
I have the task of restoring 15 web projects to a Win98 PC that were archived to the LAN. I need some feedback please. reassurance or a second opinion:
I was wondering about a methodology for restoring the data and then republishing each of the 15 unrelated webs.

1. I would restore the 15 web projects physical files to a work area like Program Files\Developers Studio\My Projects\xxx, etc. like HelpDesk98, HelpDesk99, HelpDesk2000.

2. I would then use VI to create a separate virtual web with the same name for each of the 15 projects in a folder on my C: drive within webwshare\
3. After creating the virtual root directory for each web project, I would add the html, asp code and jpgs to each web and republish each of them.

Is this the way to restore archived web projects to a new PC?

HarryO

I´m not sure what want you want.Do you want recover a old proyects and do new proyects whith or in new proyect for each web proyect but keep the master file in the another server? .If it is :
1.-You have to first open a new proyect and choose the mode to work like local mode
2.-After select connect to a existing web proyect aplication from the list
3.-Then you have to add the files from the old proyect to the new proyect

All this you have to do for each old proyect

[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back