Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is This Something??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourtycaliber

Technical User
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hey everyone. I'm not sure if I'm just paranoid or not but this is what's going on. Sometimes, on certain days, at any given time, using either IE6 or Netscape browser (mostly Netscape), funny things happen to web pages I'm viewing. It is on completely different sites and pages. Sometimes on drop-down menus, there appears a little number "6" on the buttons that drop the menus. Sometimes in the menus that drop down, after I move my mouse pointer over the text, the words I am trying to highlight or select "disappear". When I move the pointer away, they reappear. I've run my virus scan repeatedly as well as the online ones. I also ran the Trojan scanners. None have found anything thus far. Sometimes it seems as if there is a lot of Internet activity on my machine even when I'm doing nothing. I've done a Google search for "little 6's virus" but haven't found anything. I've never seen anything like this. Even right now as I'm typing this, I'm watching my DUN icon in the sys tray lighting up pretty heavy. I've got Zone Alarm on but it hasn't picked up anything suspicious, either. Has anyone ever heard of these "little 6's" ot menu items disappearing when hovering over them? Thanks

I have not heard of that virus, but I would suggest a thorough scan with Ad-aware and/or Spybot.

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

You may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling ZoneAlarm. If the activity has been authorized with the Always allow, zonealarm will not report it...

Thanks,

Matt Wray
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back