Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is this recovery easy or hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielLee

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
MX
I have a Pentium 4 1.6 GHz, 256MB RAM computer running windows 98SE Fat 32 with a 40 Gb Maxtor D740X-Gl hard drive, which is partitioned, into 4 sections. I believe the drive interface is UDMA 100.

Partition 1 - 7.40 GB operating system. Active partition.
Partition 2 – 7.42 GB programs. Logical drive
Partition 3 – 7.43 GB my personal files. Logical drive
Partition 4 – 14.9 GB assorted stuff. Logical drive

I have three Ghost images of three of the partitions, one active and two logical. I was restoring the images to a new hard drive that was partitioned and formatted to the same specs as the hard drive that the images was taken from.

I accidentally restored a partition image (C: active) to a drive instead of a partition, which now prevents the three logical partitions from showing up in Windows Explorer.

If I make a Ghost disk image of that hard drive will it image the partitions that are not showing up?

I wanted to have a image of the mess before I made a bigger mess of the mess.

Is getting the partitions that are not showing up now considered a hard Data recovery or an easy one?

Any assistance appreciated, thanks in advance.

Daniel

"Five minutes at a time"

If your saying what i think you are that you put your c: active image on like D: then i would just start over and repartition the new drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back