Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this possible on a 1000M ver 4.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belevedere

Instructor
Aug 11, 2005
US
My customer has asked if we can restrict some phones from calling station to staion, and allow them to grab an outside line when you go off hook and only dial 1800 numbers. We do not have tenanting turned on. Can any part of this be done without tenanting?

Try to set up an XLST table to the desired set. This table will change the 1st digit to whatever you want(Voice Menu for example)

I'll look at that. I was thinking of setting outgoing line preference to a specific CO line. This way they would not get internal DT to dial an extension. I just don't know if NCOS would be bypassed.

best way if pretranslation.. you can do a hot d 12 91800xxxdddd, for a single 800 number.. if you just want a station that will dial 1800 style numbers you can do that with ncos.. but that will not block internal.. if i wanted just 1800 and zero internal.. i would add a tennant, it's pretty simple, when you turn it on all your stations will be tennant one so give trunk group to ten access.. block access ten to ten.. give ten 2 access two one rlb and one trunk group.. then nocs ncos 1 ten 1, after they dial 9 any digits except 1800/866 etc would give a reorder.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

that would take about a day to program and maybe 30 minutes to turn up and test..

and except for station to station.. you can do just toll free with ncos

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks. We were hoping for a way to do it without tenants, but that seems to be the only way.

the only way i know to block station to station without tennant is pretranslation.. you assign that station to a pretranslation that translates each digit.. 1 to 9 1, 2 to 9 2 etc then build an ncos that allows the ld or locals you want.. turn on pretranslation off hours.. build the default table to clear translate.. 1 to 1, 2 to 2 etc..because all current phones will be on that table.. so if you turn it on without a table 1 being a clear.. dial pads all die..

i had one station built that way, allowed local calls only, no internal.. so users were dialing my did's to call internal... do not forget to block that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

U can also use OCBA class of services to block ext to ext dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back