Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this possible in FLASH? or any other application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarm

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Greetings,

I have been trying to establish various methods for the following problem. I want to create some kind of slide show or simple animation using 9 words. Upon saving this file as (x) in application (x1). I want this animation or slide show to appear after a user has turned on his/her machine and after he/she has logged on, for approxinately 5 - 7 seconds. I know about putting things in the startup folder and have applications run that way...but i have never done this sort of slide show where just the show or animations appears without the application in view and dissapears 7 sec later, and everything else starts normally...icons and trays load up noprmally...

Has anyone have any clue as to has this could be done?...as i have been trying for ages and have not reached close to a respectable solution.

Any help from anyone on the planet would be truely greatly appreciated...many thanks.

Hi Quarm
I am sure there are better ways of doing this but, here is one way to perform the task. You could write a batch file to sart the movie and inside the movie perform a close command. Sample batch(c:\yourdir\yourmovie.swf)load this into the start menu.
LOL

I'm assuming windows machines.

And what I'm going to tell you may actually be harmful in the future but what the heck.

Create your flash animation and make it an exe. Then place it in a predetermined folder. say c:\myflash for this example.

run from a command prompt or from START->RUN regedit.exe

under the registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Create a new string value that says "c:\myflash\mycreation.exe"

when you type it in, leave out the quotes.

Since you're dealing with the registry, you should make sure to back it up before messing with it.

Hope this helps.
Martin I don't suffer from insanity.
I enjoy every minute of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back