Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is this configuration safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2001
GB
Hello
I understand that if I have a user at home and they VPN in to my system and then open a connection to the internet it is a security risk.
The question I have is if a have a user on site and they logon to the system via a normal route i.e across a lan. Then they run a vpn connect so it goes out to the internet and then logs back on to the system as that user and then they open a connect to the internet is there a risk.
I dont think there is but I wanted other IT peoples views.
Please don't comment saying this is stupid etc..
I know it is stupid but I didn't set it up some guy has set it up this way and I want to gather information on why they shouldn't use it apart from there isn't a need to do it that way.

Cheers Russ

Please post in vpn or remote access forum, under Data Transmission

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back