Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a windows or Eudora Problem? Permissions etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonWilliams

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
US
I had been running Eudora for about three months as follows. My main computer in my home office had a copy of the program (C\program files\ ....) and folder that contained my data files specific to my e-mail address C:\eudora\XXX. That computer was running Windows 2000 Pro.

My laptop had a copy of the Eudora program (C:\program files\.....) but it pointed to the folder on the main computer that contained the mail data files D:\eudora\XXX. The lap top runs Windows XP

I upgraded the operating system on the main computer to XP on Saturday.

As of Sunday, I can't access Eudora from the laptop. I get the following Notification

Could not open the file D:\eudora\XXX\descmap.pce for reading.
File may be marked as read only or locked (13)

The file is not read only. I am administrator on both computers and I have given all the sharing I can think of.

Can anyone help?

TIA

Searched the 'Net and got this:

Apparently, that persons problem was solved by searching for Spyware.......but I am not an expert in Eudora, so I can't tell you any more.

ComputerCop911
ASP/HTML Programmer, Knowledgeable Computer Network/Hardware/Software Geek ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back