Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoundofCulaine

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2005
GB
We've had 7 servers all go blue screen of death on us within 10 mins of each other.

The blue screen error message says 'MUST SUCCEED POOL EMPTY'

We've seen that this is a MS message, must admit it's the first time I've seen this message and it did look a little suspect, and then to see another 6 machines go down with it is worrying.

From the MS Knowledgebase it seems to be a problem with a leaky app trying to connect to ports that don't exist. And as we haven't added any new software to the machines that's why we're worried about viruses.

Checked Sophos and McAfee websites but have found nothing.

We've got our network guy using a sniffer to capture the data coming in and out of the machines.

Anybody have any ideas?

I just serched the knowledge base and couldnt come up with your text. Do you have a referenece number?

Steve: Delphi a feersum engin indeed.

You could try running AVG for Windows servers and see if it catches anything. It works great for my Windows 2003 Server.

P'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back