Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a rich text bug in ND6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthtron

Programmer
Jul 2, 2003
PH
I'm using Notes Domino ver6.0.

I've got a mailing form that is divided into two parts: one contains a richtext field, "Body", and the other one contains another richtext field, "SpclFTP_Body". Each part contains their respective SendTo, CopyTo, and Subject fields (all pre-filled, including the body fields, with extracted values from a source document) which I reference in a Lotusscript mailing agent.

My problem seems to come in with the SpclFTP_Body richtext field everytime a user inserts a new value in it in edit mode right before its pre-filled signature and special mail footer message. Once sent, only the inserted text are sent; the signature and mail footer not appearing. However, with the Body richtext field, everything is A OK. Do all form of editing and you'll have all these changes sent.

What could be causing this? Is this a rich text bug in ND6 or I'm just missing something here?

I have included the related script for sending the content of SpclFTP_Body below:

Sub SendSpclFTPConfirmation(doc As NotesDocument)
' Description: Send FTP confirmation mail
' Author: bragustin
' Date: 4/8/2003
' Updates:
' 4/12/2003 rba - removal of the (0) list indices in doc.GetItemValue("txtCLIENT_EMAIL_FTP")(0)
' and doc.getitemvalue("txtCC_TO_FTP")(0) to ensure all listed recipients are processed
' - placement of the doc as NotesDocument parameter in the function
'
'***************************
Dim rtFTPBody As NotesRichTextItem
Dim rtRegBody As NotesRichTextItem

Set docFTPMail = db.CreateDocument
Set rtRegBody = docFTPMail.CreateRichTextItem("Body")
Set rtFTPBody = doc.GetFirstItem("SpclFTP_Body")

Call rtRegBody.AppendRTItem(rtFTPBody)

Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("Form","memo")
Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("SendTo",doc.getitemvalue("txtCLIENT_EMAIL_FTP"))
Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("CopyTo",doc.getitemvalue("txtCC_TO_FTP"))
Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("Subject",doc.getitemvalue("txtSUBJECT_TXT_FTP")(0) )
Call docFTPMail.send(False,False)

Set rtFTPBody = Nothing
Set rtRegBody = Nothing
Set docFTPMail = Nothing

End Sub

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

have you tried to do this :

call docFTPMail.computeWithForm(True,false)

before?

Should be better to type "Memo" for the field Form instaed of "memo", Domino is kind of case sensitive for forms, views, etc....... excpeted for web browsers

Because footer and other stuff are forms dependent (user interface) if the mail footer you talked about is in the Memo form you are currently using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back