Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a rich text bug in ND6 or am I amissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealthtron

Programmer
Jul 2, 2003
PH
I'm using Notes Domino ver6.0.

I've got a mailing form that is divided into two parts: one contains a richtext field, "Body", and the other one contains another richtext field, "SpclFTP_Body". Each part contains their respective SendTo, CopyTo, and Subject fields (all pre-filled, including the body fields, with extracted values from a source document) which I reference in a Lotusscript mailing agent.

My problem seems to come in with the SpclFTP_Body richtext field everytime a user inserts a new value in it in edit mode right before its pre-filled signature and special mail footer message. Once sent, only the inserted text are sent; the signature and mail footer not appearing. However, with the Body richtext field, everything is A OK. Do all form of editing and you'll have all these changes sent.

What could be causing this? Is this a rich text bug in ND6 or I'm just missing something here?

I have included the related script for sending the content of SpclFTP_Body below:

Sub SendSpclFTPConfirmation(doc As NotesDocument)
' Description: Send FTP confirmation mail
' Author: bragustin
' Date: 4/8/2003
' Updates:
' 4/12/2003 rba - removal of the (0) list indices in doc.GetItemValue("txtCLIENT_EMAIL_FTP")(0)
' and doc.getitemvalue("txtCC_TO_FTP")(0) to ensure all listed recipients are processed
' - placement of the doc as NotesDocument parameter in the function
'
'***************************
Dim rtFTPBody As NotesRichTextItem
Dim rtRegBody As NotesRichTextItem

Set docFTPMail = db.CreateDocument
Set rtRegBody = docFTPMail.CreateRichTextItem("Body")
Set rtFTPBody = doc.GetFirstItem("SpclFTP_Body")

Call rtRegBody.AppendRTItem(rtFTPBody)

Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("Form","memo")
Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("SendTo",doc.getitemvalue("txtCLIENT_EMAIL_FTP"))
Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("CopyTo",doc.getitemvalue("txtCC_TO_FTP"))
Call docFTPmail.replaceitemvalue("Subject",doc.getitemvalue("txtSUBJECT_TXT_FTP")(0) )
Call docFTPMail.send(False,False)

Set rtFTPBody = Nothing
Set rtRegBody = Nothing
Set docFTPMail = Nothing

End Sub

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back