Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a problem or is it design intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPederman

Vendor
Mar 2, 2004
US
On 3.0, when I would out and rebuild a set, the soft labels would not default back to their original settings on my M3904's.

I have now upgraded to 4.5w and now when I out and rebuild a phone, the soft labels in my 3904 return to their default settings. This is a problem because we have Avotus and when we set it up to make one change to a set, it does not just make the one change, it will out and rebuild the phone.

So the question is... Is this a problem from 3.0 that is fixed in 4.5, or a good feature in 3.0 that has a problem in 4.5?

Below is what the book states:

The M3900 soft-labeling is similar to the previous
digital telephones, which required paper labels to be created and inserted under clear key caps.

By design, this information is stored in the set itself. A user-defined soft label is fully controlled by the set user and will not change if the key programming is changed.

It does not depend on the actual programming of the key, which is defined by the system software.

Thanks in Advance for your input.

I had the same problem with Rls 25. After deep research on that problem, the only answer of Nortel was that it's a design intent and the solution they gave is to change the keys to another value: if ADL then change it to something else than ADL

I guess that this problem was to oftenly report to Nortel and they decided to change the software part.

Not clear on your Question?
At the City, if we program a 3904 and on Key 2 we Soft Key Line-2 or add a Name, when that 3904 is Reprogrammed to lets say DN 12345, we have to Physically change the Key to the Correct DN, Intercom etc.

Even if we Flash the Firmware, the Key will Display what was Programmed on it at the Device.

Good Luck,

L.A.CityTech

are your 4's on the current firmware for 4.5

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

To John:
We tested using a 3904's on firmware 8.3, 8.7 and 8.9, and they all reacted the same.

To LACITY:
If you have Release 3.0 software, the soft labels will remain the same, If you have release 4.5w software the soft labels will reset.

I guess I will have to open a Nortel case to get an offical answer.

Thanks for the help.

Don't loose time:
Forget to open a case... Already done... and result in my first answer

Thanks dlesap. Do you have access to that Nortel case? If so, would you post the details for me so I can have offical proof for my customer?

I don't have access by myself. I have to ask for it. But during holidays... have to wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back