Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is this a dead phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdom

MIS
Oct 5, 2005
US
Hi everybody: We got a new IP 1230 series phone (Avaya). I provisioned a new extension and hooked it up. Everything came up as expected. But, when I picked up the handset to make a call, nothing happened. If I pressed one of the extension/intercom buttons, the speakerphone came on, but nothing through the handset. I thought that maybe the headset setting was funky, so I tried to adjust that, using settings 1 2 and 3 with no dice. Am I missing something in the configuration, or do you think this is a defective phone set? Thanks everyone.

is the phone online
can you dial a number handsfree
hit the hook switch a couple of times (I've had a sticky hook switch before)
not connected the headset jack
swap the handset
swap the handset cord

The phone is online, and I can dial handsfree. A test of the speakerphone worked. There's no headset connected, and I made sure that the handset cord wasn't in the headset jack. Tried to swap the handset and cord, and same result. I'm going to conclude it's a defective set and return. Thanks islandtech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back