Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there anyway to trace an outgoing email

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaine011

IS-IT--Management
Jul 4, 2003
CA
I'm sending an email out to this one customer and although I don't receive an error message, it doesn't get to the intended recipient. Is there any way for me to track the email to make sure that it's reaching the server, or does anyone know what may be causing this?

Blaine011

Check you SMTP protocol in the exchange manager first to see if there is anything is the cue.

If the mail send threw you system with no error, Contact the IT Person a the recieving company and see if there is a block. Sometimes companies set there spam blocker to high and normal emails go threw.

Follow the White Rabbit !

Hi,

1) Using the Exchange System Manager, Tools, Message tracking center will give you some information. Such as if it got to the server.

2) They may have NDR's turned off. Some admins use this technique to avoid replying to Spammers.

3) And yes (as indicated by Matrixa), it could have easily gotten filtered out by a SPAM filter.

If it left the queue and you did not get a NDR, I would suspect number 2 or 3 as the problem.

Wyz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back