Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is there any way to print a picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

peeli

Programmer
Jun 9, 2002
IN
is there any way to print a picture stored in a database to a report

Hello ,

Then how do it? Please reply.

Thanks.

Well, you could just add it to the report as any other field, or transfer it to a temp file and place that file on the report as an OLE Blob object.

Several similar questions the past two days have been answered in this forum. Do a simple search on:

Blob
AppendChunk
GetChunk

My 2 pence

We store pictures on disk with the file path stored in the DB. To add this piture to a report, we use OLE/WinWord/MailMerge to create batches of outgoing letters from out system.

I can add a picture to the doco by creating a Macro in Word that does the job, then Copy/Pasting the VBA code into VB, just change the path name for the image you're inserting.

Hope that helps ;)

Jim.

I havn't got the code handy right now but if you mean how do you print a picture directly to the printer... You'll see sample code of the Printer Object in help. Or, If you have Books Online installed you can also see a truck load of things to do with the Printer Object. Simple things as in sending your Form1 straight to the Printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back