Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there any way to have to y axis, one x axis and a series on a chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

r143r

Programmer
May 19, 2003
US
Hi,

I am trying to create a chart report in my database, and in it I am trying to track the number of changes we made in our projects and the total number of project we finished over past three years.

Now I have the following criteria for my chart:

Y-axis: Sum of number of projects and
Sum of number of changes
X-axis: Month (from 1-12, 1 meaning january)
Series: Year (which consists of 2001, 2002, and 2003..for now)

Now when I try to create this chart with the above specifications in access, it gives me an error saying that "I CANNOT HAVE MORE THAN ONE DATA FIELD WHEN USING SERIES IN A CHART"

Is there anyway to perform or to create a chart that I want to create?

r143r

Okay,

First let me say that graphing in Access is one of the most serious flaws in the entire package....it just doesn't work well.

That being said, let me move one to a solution for you. My solution to the lack of graphing ability was to create my own. While it takes a little to set up, the end results have turned out awesome. I created a graph that can be modified fairly easily, and if fullt dynamic, unlike the basic graphing features of Access. It also requires no plug-ins or anything else.

It is failry detailed, and if you want to see a sample before I blabber on about how to make it all work, send an email to my work or home address in my sig block and I will forward you an example.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former. (Albert Einstein)

Robert L. Johnson III
MCSA, CNA, MCP, Network+, A+
w: robert.l.johnson.iii@citigroup.com
h: wildmage@tampabay.rr.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back