Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is there an Undo delete for floppy's

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubee

Technical User
Nov 14, 2000
US
yep, that's what i need to do for now, I need to undo a deleted file on a floppy.
It's the only file on the disk, it got deleted somehow, and nothing's been added to it since; please, someone show me how to undelete this file -- she will will be very grateful to me if I can get her file back.

You'll need a set of DOS disks (ver 5.0 and up).
Boot to the first of the DOS disks, and select F3 when asked to cancel the installation.
Extract "undelete.ex_" from the floppy to your hard drive.
Restart in DOS mode.
Put the floppy in the drive.
At the c:\prompt, type undelete a:\*.*

If that's all not possible, get one of the recovery tools found at any of the software houses ( is a good one).

Jim
reboot@pcmech.com
Current moderator at
Staff contributor/moderator at
Windows 9x/ME instructor.

Jim's Modems:

a friend of mine tried to recover these files through his DOS 5;two of three opened, the sought after one remained in jibberrish -- evidently because the disk was removed during closing of the file.
But I did try one one of the shareware progs from which did open it up -- except they teased it open, hoping to show just enough to entice me to spen 150 bucks to finish getting it open. For the most part that was showing, most of the data got converted into "demo" words ( which made it easy to convert back to the original X's -- so, I managed to recover about 2/3's of the file at least.

thanks for the lead, Comtech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back