Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there an easy way to find/install network card drivers on 4.11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikiec71

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2008
GB
I've managed to get my firm's old Netware 4.11 server up and running after changing the motherboard, but the original board had an RJ45 socket onboard, whereas its replacement doesn't, so I'm trying to install an old network card.

There was already an old HP card plugged into the ISA slot of the old motherboard which I've tried installing, but the software doesn't seem to have the drivers. I've been on the HP website and found drivers for this 'EL-10' card but they don't have a Novell driver. I've looked elsewhere for drivers but no luck.

I've got a couple of other network cards lying around that I could use, but it's hard to identify what models they are and where to get drivers, specifically Netware 4.11 drivers. :(

Is there a default generic driver or something similar that might work or should I just try and use every driver installed on the server?

I'm so close to getting this sorted now and I really want to get it finished today.

Thanks

Pls see my new item in your prev thread.

Quickest way out of this might be go buy a $25 D-Link DFE530TX card. It has Novell drivers for your system, if you can't find them I can send them to you.

Another widely available/compatible adapter is Intel EtherExpress PRO/100.

It will take way less time than trying to get unknown cards working.

Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back