Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there an Auto Save feature in Access 2000 as there is in Excel ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2004
GB
Unfortuantly my client has been infected with the Sasser Worm. And the laptop keeps shutting down.

I have run the symantec fix tool, but it states that the worm was not found. Anyway they have lost 200 records after using the Data Entry Screen. For some reason, Access didn't automatically save any of the entries.

I've had a look at the options and help files and cannot find anywhere that states auto save.

Is there a way of setting any values or creating a module that will automatically save the whole database, whilst the user is anywhere in the database ???

Your help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Lee James
NHS Data Analyst
England.

No, there is no auto save in Access. Records are saved as soon as you move to the next record using bound tables. For unbound tables, records are saved when you trigger the appropriate save action.

Symantec has documented the worm and how to remove it. See:

HTH,
Bob [morning]

Hi bob.

I already downloaded the tool prior to submiting on the forum but it states that the worm isn't present.

I always thought that access saved the records when you entered them. Apparently in this case it hasn't.

Also there is no win.log file present which the worm creates.

Hello Lee,

Unless data entry triggers queries that can affect numbers of records, an unexpected shutdown should only cause the loss of one record.

Can you swap a known to be NOT infected laptop?

Bob

Bob.

Apparently, after some more shutdowns, the PC rebooted ok, and the records returned.

I haven't a clue what went off. (My client is non IT)

I am attending the clients site this afternoon and doing a Windows Update, and making sure they don't have the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back