Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there an ability to show an photo from an ASP link? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetRamsey

Technical User
Oct 22, 2010
US
Within my Crystal Report, I show 3 fields and a fourth field that you click on to show a picture of a person. The photo is simply an ASP link. Is there a way to show the same three feilds and also show the picture from the ASP link query? In other words, displays the photo here instead making the user click on the link to show the photo?

Which version of Crystal are you using? Starting with Crystal 2008 (I think...) there is the ability to put a "location" on an image. So, what you would do is put the three fields on the report. Then add a Picture object that uses a "dummy" image that will be used when there is no URL available. Right-click on the Picture and go to "Format Graphic". Go to the Picture tab and click on the formula button by "Graphic Location". This will bring up a formula editor where you can place the field that contains the location of the object.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back