Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is there a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonS

MIS
Sep 7, 1999
US
Visit site
Is there a way that my answering machine can pick up another call while I am on line. Right now it just rings and rings and rings while I am online. And I want it to answer anyone got any ideas?<br>
<br>
Thanks

This is a dumb question, but I have to ask it anyway. Does the answering machine pick up properly when you are NOT online?

Another dumb question - how are you set up? (ie, number of phone lines, can you hear the phone/answering machine ringing or is it that someone calling in just gets the constant ringing)

yes the answering machine works properly when I am not online....<br>
<br>
I have one phone line and no I can not hear the phone ring when I am on line and people tell me that it just rings constantly when they try and I tell them i was on line...<br>
<br>
thanks

Buy a dual mode modem with a Rockwell or Lucent chipset that lets you talk on the phone and send/receive data simultaneously. Buy an inexpensive communications package like - but not limited to - Communicate!32. It includes an answering machine with customizable messages and mailboxes as well as fax and on-screen dialing. Get a decent microphone or headset if you are on the phone alot at your PC then you can even answer the phone and keep on keying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back