Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to print the files s

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomP

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2001
US
Is there a way to print the files shown in the windows explorer window or find files window?

Thanks,

Dom

How about Alt + Print Scr??

That seems a little silly. I had this problem once while trying to create a manual. I had to download and install a shareware program that works pretty much the same way Explorer does. It had a print screen function. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it. I am pretty sure I got it from ZDnet.

You can also run a command prompt and just type dir >> prn. Of course, its a little difficult to read. I think you can also redirect to a text file (dir >> c:\tree.text).
A+, N+, MCP

Thanks, but there are way too may files (6,000). Also needed the search ability within explorer so a DOS option didn't present itself (that I know of). I guess some form of shareware utility would be great but I don't know of any.

Thanks and if you run across it let me know.

Dom

This may seem a crazy way of doing this, but why dont you use the DIR 'filename' /s >found.txt this will find all files matching the name you have given in all dub directories, or you can just do a DIR of the current directory you are in and then pipe it to a text file.

Dan

Use the Tree command. Check out FAQ faq94-19 in the desktop management forum.
Jeff
I haven't lost my mind - I know it's backed up on tape somewhere ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back