Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to let users edit their account info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannon

Programmer
Jun 10, 2001
US
Can I let my exchange users (E2K) edit thier account info such as phone numbers, addresses, nicknames, and managers?

Or should I just write a web app that the users log into then it posts it through ADSI to the ADU&D?

nah, there is a setting on their email account in security for account "Self" called modify own details or similar.

I hace set the self account able to read/write personal/private/public info in AD&D on the user under security, and repeated this for all address lists (I have lists set up under this that the users appear in). Still no avail.

I open outlook and click the address book, select all addressbooks, and Inter-Office (the list that holds the users I want to be able to update thier own info). Everything is grey.

Please exlpain your procedure in more detail. Maybe I am still doing something wrong.

There are a way for some attributes.
- Use the ldap client from windows (search people) this ist the same as outlook express.
Select Active Directory and search for yourself.
- Use GALMod32.exe from the Exchange ResKit
- Write an Web App (maybe as scriptlet, ocx for use in Transactionserver -> security )

olli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back