Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to get to the TAPI developers for IP Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdecker

Vendor
Sep 3, 2009
US
It is such a sad story that PBX vendors pretty much just want to move boxes, and their suppliers are pretty much the same. So there is no tech support at the development level when you are coding to an API like TAPI, no one knows anything about a published feature of their device. On top of that, they keep you from getting to the people who could answer your question in 5 minutes if you could just get to them, the manufacturing team. Somewhere exists a human or a team of humans who developed the TAPI TSP for Avaya. IF anyone can gve me a phone number, email, front line screening person wo can get me to them if I am worthy, etc, please let me know. Thanks!

ring you local Avaya office and ask them

the very best of luck to you.

I think if anyone here had contacts like that, they would be very close to the chest!!

What is it you want to know?

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

try the dev connect, there should be good developers there for you.

If you haven't discovered DevConnect it would explain why you feel the way you do

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Make sure you have enough dollars when asking support from DevConnect.
Basically TAPI is a development of Microsoft and if you are planning to write TAPI software that is the place to go with your questions.

Googleing around may be informative:

Avaya have well documented all the supported features they support on TAPI 2 and TAPI 3 so that cannot be the problem.
If you have nevertheless a bug in the Avaya TAPI driver then you should contact the SMBE Fieldsupport team within your region ans raise a ticket for the problem, raising a ticket in EMEA can only be done through the official reseller channel.

Thanks for the help. Actually, intrigrant, the documentation is not complete. For example, they may list a supported function, "LineGetCallSTatus", but give no indication which elements in the structure they support or don't support. In particular, we need them to update the tStateEntry time, which they are not doing. How do we get them to properly update this field? Even better, a device specific function that gives us the call begin time so we know how long it has been in the queue if we load an application to monitor calls after the PBX already has calls in the ACD queue.

It does not appear that there is support in TAPI 2 for an "Is an agent logged in?". It is in their TAPI 3 implementation through a device specific feature in the MSP part of the implenentation, which is normally only for audio. Why? Can we get that as a device specific feature in TAPI 2, which is the lower level API and should have the richest feature support.

And lastly, it appears that through TAPI, the TSP will only report the first 10 calls in the ACD queue. They are all in the "offering" state awaiting answer. Is this a configuration issue that we can fix, or a severe limitation in the TSP. If the latter, how can we get them to allow us to see ALL the calls that we need to manage?

I'm not sure what the links were for since A. Julmar is a competitor to our offerings since we develop tools to make telphony development easy for TAPI and SIP, and B. This was code using their tools to dial in an ASP app, which has nothing to do with my question about how to get help with configuring Avaya's TAPI offering. Sorry if the original posting sounded like venting, I just wanted to find people who could actually comment on the internal workings of the TSP offerings. Thanks again for all the help.

These might help is didn't already found them;

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Sorry for the links as i did not know jelmar is a competetor of you and you were not completely clear in your question.
In respect to your questions you may be right and the only way to go is to register to the devconnect community and pay a lot of dollars to get support and then "maybe" you will get the answers you need.
Alternatively you could contact the product manager in the UK, he may be able to help you.

Welwyn Garden City Office
Sterling Court 15-21 Mundells ,
Welwyn Garden City , Hertfordshire AL7 1LZ
United Kingdom
+44 (0) 1707 392 200

To be honest, I suspect that the TAPI implementation is a bit limited for what you want. I'd now look seriously at the DEVLINK real-time event tool. This will give much lower level information about what is happening with the PBX

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Too many API's! ;) Well, I've gone through 3 API's now to get what I need. TAPI 2 does all the important stuff, TAPI 3 contains an "IsLoggedIn" property, and DevLink gives me several call timers. But since the DevLink is just a stream of events, it is sort of like a log of most of what is going on with the PBX, correct? So in that case, I would have to track every single call and create all my own properties. In other words, I can't check "is this user logged into the queue?" or "What was the time of this call?". If this is correct, I think it comes down to trying to convince Avaya to add 2 features to TAPI, or to have to use all 3 API's. This will obviously be a lot of work. Thanks.

There are enough programs that can provide you the info if an agent is in a group or how long a call did last

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

If this is correct, I think it comes down to trying to convince Avaya to add 2 features to TAPI, or to have to use all 3 API's. This will obviously be a lot of work. Thanks"

Isn't that why you charge for your product, because of the costs of development and man hours/hoop jumping required to achieve what it does, if it was too easy many more would do it and you would have even more competitors :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

LOL, actually that's not the same thing. Our tools talk to the lower level TAPI 2 API, the same way the TAPI 3 COM objects do. Our customer uses our tools because it does indeed make programming a telephony application an order of magnitude easier. However, then having to program a separate function in TAPI 3 and then having to use the streaming event DLL, makes it a problem for the client. If they could do all that, they wouldn't be using controls to make it easier. It's all about Avaya making their customers happy by having a rich feature set in the API. It isn't US that has to implement 3 APIs just to get functions that should be in any of the Avaya APIs, it would be the client who would have to figure that out or get consulting from us to do it. And the bottom line is the bottom line, that would simply be too expensive for them.

One person mentioned the existing apps that get logged in status and time began info. What API were they written to? I imagine they weren't written using TAPI. I could help the customer to provide code to access the other APIs also, but I'm not sure the information is there.

I still would have the 10 call limit if that is true in the TSP, and since the client application will load AFTER the PBX already has calls, the real-time event streaming is useless because it has no stored properties. I would have had to monitor every call from the beginning and create my own stored properties to track things like call begin time and if someone is loggged in or not based on tracking every login event as it came in. A polling capability is much more accurate, directly querying the PBX for its status.

I hope someone who worked on that TAPI API for Avaya sees one of these posts, or that a support incident with them might shed more light on things. Thanks again.

Alter reading this thread (very fresh) and this other thread940-836311 (very old) and to add more flame to this discussion I tell you a tale.

About two months ago I was with an Avaya (in-house) sales director for our region.
I mentioned him something about the MSCRM and IP Office integration (and sure some of you boys must have racked the brains with that) that ended in 3.0 and died silently, and he said.

“but now with the TAPI you can link the IP Office to any CRM application”

Sure, and also make the IPO play music files and videos…

My question is:
Whats is the maximum integration we can get with the TAPI and the IPO? Something as little as a tiny routine to make an automatic dialing? Or something as big as a new IVR application that makes the VMPRO feel jealous?

Would be great to know for enrolling as a developer or hire someone to do.

(July of 2009 )(after six months of sleep ZebrAYA is back)
[Always Close your threads for avoiding other people to entangle]

found this at the devconnect site...

This section describes each of the TAPI 2.x functions supported by the IP Office TAPI driver.

And like X-files quote "We're both looking for answers"

(July of 2009 )(after six months of sleep ZebrAYA is back)
[Always Close your threads for avoiding other people to entangle]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back