Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to display 86'd item

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmithuchiko

Technical User
Jul 7, 2012
Is there a way to display 86'd items on the bouncing logo screen? Several servers have told me they've seen this before, but I have never been able to find information on this. I keep telling them they are thinking of a different POS system, but they tell me it is Aloha.

Thanks for any help,

Drew

You can put the 86'd stuff on the login screen--just go to Aloha Manager -> Maintenance -> Messages -> Main Screen. There you can also change the clock-in message/etc with the list of 86'd items.

To get it on the floating logo screen (or screensaver of sorts), depending on the Aloha version you have (rather, if you have a super old version, not sure if you can change the logo). Basically, you'd have to take a picture of the 86'd items (or paste it into MS Paint or Photoshop or whatever) and save it as the right sized .bmp file. Seems like a lot of work, I'd stick with the Aloha Manager way at first (although do Google changing floating icon...fun to make it your restaurant's logo, your favorite sports team, etc.). Hope it works out!

Oh, and you know you can change the item availability of an 86'd item, right? Just log in to a terminal -> Functions -> Financial -> Item Availability. Think the item becomes available after Aloha does the end of day, but good way to prevent your staff from sending an 86'd item (I've found it annoys the kitchen/bartender quite a bit). Word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back