Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to connect to VPN through a proxy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maim

Programmer
Jun 25, 1999
CA
I have a vpn setup at work, but I wist to connect from home, except my laptop runs through a proxy at home in order to connect to the internet.

The proxy software I use is Proxy+ (it's free ok) but there's no documentation for vpn...

Thanks for the help :)

Make sure that particular proxy ( proxy+) supports IPSEC, or it will not work. If you have a ipsec(vpn client) provided by your work and install and configured it on your internal home network, the proxy server will have to support IPSEC or you will have to install the vpn client on your proxy server, which will open up a security threat.

So - which &quot;relatively inexpensive&quot; [ < $200] Proxy Server software packages support IPSEC for my wife's SOHO?
- so far, I've evaled a lot of PSs, and only Winroute PRO purports to support IPSEC. However, it won't work with my Nortel Enternet client.
- any suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back