Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to check for non-connecting polylines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoja

Technical User
Dec 3, 2003
US
Hello, is there a way for autocad to check for non-connecting lines, arcs, splines or polylines? I draw many sinks to be used with a cnc for cut out, and the sinks are usually drawn with arcs and polylines, but there can not be a gap in the sequence, if there is, then the CAM software will not read the sink cut out, so instead of checking 40 to 50 different polylines/arcs one by one, is there a way for AutoCad to automatically check for this.??

thank you

Using CAD, the only thing I can think of is to join the lines using pedit, and using a fuzz factor if necessary to join the elements. If this doesn't solve your problem, you could obtain/write a lisp routine to do the check. I wrote one for lines/arcs only for a property line closure check. It basically checks all endpoints and comparedsdistances to all other endpoints, and reports errors if the distance is within a specified range.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back