Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way to cc all outgoing mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimble

Technical User
Aug 23, 2001
US
I need to CC all outgoing mail to one internal account to keep a record of all our correspondance. Is there an easy way to do this through exchange or do you have to setup an outlook rule for each person!?!

I know of a way to keep copies of all mail that your exchange domain either receives or sends. Simply all you need to do is :

open up the exchange system manager and peruse until you find the mailbox store. Right click it and you can configure an account to send copies of all mail that is accepted into or out of that store. I would reccomend you make a "backup" user in the AD with appropriate mailbox facilities and then point all mail to him.

Once that is done it is a simple case of configuring the appropriate user account rights and permissions so you can view the backup users mail in your instance of outlook.

From personal experience ... I would also recommend you back it up regularly our mail store backup box grows to over 10000 mails a week so we need to make regular backups in-order to free the space on the server.

anymore help needed...let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back