Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a way of telling what patches have been installed on Arcserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgallant

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2005
US
I am running Arcserve 2000 Advanced Edition Version 7.0. I just installed SP5. I intend to install a few more patches that came out after SP5. Is there some way of listing what patches have been installed. If I don't record it, I am sure I won't remember in 6 months what I installed today.

Thank You.

Generally speaking only service packs or cumulative patch will update what you will see as the 'Build Number' in help about of the component you are using.

If you are running SP5 then it should report as Build 1110 if I recall correctly.

You could just create a text file in the Arcserve home directory called patches applied, and every time you apply a post service pack patch - add the patch number into it, but there is no way of doing this automatically.

I know this isn't ideal, but hope it is of some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back