Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a table of the different cursors used in Office XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrafts

Technical User
Jan 18, 2003
US
I am working on a presentation designed to show new users how to get started with Microsoft Word. I would like to make up a table of the various cursors which appear during the course of using this product. For example, the white arrowheads and I-beam cursors in standard text-insertion mode, and the variety of cursors which appear while designing a table (select row, select cell, select column, etc.). I have been unable to find any documentation in Office Help or online. Does anyone know where I might find the definitive Office cursor guide? Thanks a lot. Steve

This Might help you:
It's for a slighly older version of Office and
Even though it also gives you the registry keys that control each cursor it tells you each cursor used.

Hopefully the cursors haven't changed much. It should gve oyu a bit of a start.

Hope this helps

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Thank you both. linney - What I need are the cursors specific to Office (Word in particular) and not the cursors for Windows. I will give the Office Forum a try. vacunita - unfortunately, the Windows 97 info didn't seem to have a modern analog for Windows XP.

I wouldn't know, but does Office use the Cursors from the Windows folder? I didn't see a specific folder, on my machine, for Office Cursors.

scrafts,

The Office cursors are stored as resources in various EXE and DLL files within the OFFICE folder. If you want to see them all (or just the ones stored in WINWORD.EXE) then I suggest you use the trial version of Resource Hunter.

The URL is and the download link is
Once you download and install it you can use Resource Hunter's 'search for cursor' function on the Office folder.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back