Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a smarter way- Auto Answer for agents 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

john230873

Programmer
Oct 3, 2003
NZ
Next week we are introducing Auto-Answer to all our Agents. I was going to go into "Change Agent-loginid" for each Agent and change "Auto Answer" to "acd"

Is there a smarter way of doing this as there are about 100 agents.

hi john

you can use ASA software to do it.

1. open the ASA software
2. locate Advanced tab on the left panel.
3. click the Find and Relpace tab.
4. choose the "agent-loginID" in the drop-list,and choose "change".
5. click next.
6. On the filter field. choose loginID in the "field". fill in your Agent number or Agent ranges in the "Value".
7. On the newvalue field. choose Auto answer in the "field", choose the ACD in the 'Value".
8. and then click next. choose " Run now"
9. rember to close your "blue inteface" , remain the connction.
10. you can see status in the Schedue tab.

Thanks, this will help a lot as they are now giving be bunches of 20 users at a time.

As far as I know, Find/Replace only does one at a time.
Better to create a template from an existing config that is correct.
Then open the template and remove the specific fields eg Extension, port etc.
Then do an import with change, put the extensions in, save and run.
As a previous post on using template imports states, Test, Test, Test with one or 2 first. It's easy to stuff it and change 50 stations/agents to something you don't want.

You can use the export and import feature of ASA to do this too. I use it to change a lot of things like VDNs as well. It's also great to change agent skills if you have to change more than the limit of 50 CMS has. It's also MUCH quicker than doing it in CMS.

Use Export Data to export all the agent ids you will need to change. Import this data into an Excel Spreadsheet and make the change in the spreadsheet.

Make sure you have a connection already open, but close any GEDI or Emulation windows, but keep the connection open.

Then if you're chaning 20 at a time, use the Import Data feature. Enter a description of the change if you want, change Select an object: agent-loginID, leave the Select a template: (no template) and change the radial button to Change Command.

Then copy and paste the rows from the Excel file of the agents you want to change and paste them into the "spreadsheet" that opens in ASA. You can also just copy and paste the Login ID and only the data in the column that you are changing. If you leave a field blank, it won't change what is already programmed to blank, it retains what is in the field. If you want to remove a field and make it blank you have to enter double quotes "".

Click the save Icon that looks like a floppy disc, then click the execute button that looks like a lightning bolt. You'll see the changes happening in the History Tab.

- Stinney

Favorite all too common vendor responses: "We've never seen this issue before." AND "No one's ever wanted to use it like that before.

Thanks Stinney, same same but different.

If you want to remove a field and make it blank you have to enter double quotes "".

Ah ha, this ones been bugging me for a while, all the docs I've found say leave blank to blank the field but it never worked, it just left what was in the field as expected and as it should, never thought about "".
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back