Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a simple way to add a file upload feature to Oracle Forms 10g

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelChang

Programmer
Dec 20, 2004
US
Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to sprinkle Javascript code or somehow integrate Javascript with Oracle Forms. I have a Javascript routine that does exactly what I need: Browses the end user's hard drive, selects a file, and uploads it to a field in the form. If 10g doesn't allow this, does a prior version of Oracle Forms Builder allow this, one that's available as a free download from Oracle.com?

The only two options that I've encountered in my search were:
- The Oracle Forms File Upload Utility
and
- The WebUtil add on for Oracle Forms

The former requires the use of Java Beans, Java classes, and a PL/SQL library while the latter came with a 64 page user guide that I'll have to dig through to find what I'm looking for.

Granted I'm brand new to Oracle and I certainly hope there's something I'm missing here but coming from the Domino development environment where adding a file upload control to a form takes all of 30 seconds via a point and click menu, I find it hard to believe that one has to jump through all these hoops in order to facilitate this in Oracle Forms?

Does anyone know of a simple way to add a file upload control (enabling a user to browse their hard drive and upload a file to a field in the form) to an Oracle Form?

I appreciate any tips,

-MC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back