Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a Save event in word that VFP can trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfen12

Programmer
Jul 17, 2007
NL
Hi my helpfull friends;-)

This is what I want to achieve:
I open a new word document, with this I save a version number ex. v1.00 to a table.

When I view this existing document(opening it with my project) and only if user edit this file and saves it, I want to up the version number in my table to v1.01.

Is it possible to determine if a user saves this document so that I can up my version number.

Thank you very much

You can probably use VBA in the document to modify the field value in your dbf. That's the only way I can see this happening since the Word document could be edited outside of your application (started by the user manually instead of through automation).

boyd.gif

SweetPotato Software Website
My Blog

What if the user opens it, does NOT edit it, and saves it?

Tamar Granor wrote an article(s) in Advisor a couple of years ago about writing COM addings for Office apps that would address the issue of responding to save. I can't remember the exact issue or dates, and I don't have an index handy, but you should be able to find it.

You may run a neverending program in the background, which checks every an amount of time you specify, the time of changes and you update your database and if you want you change the word document subsequently.
Tony Lama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back