Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a Python installation test script available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITVictim

Programmer
Jul 22, 2005
FR
Does anyone know if there is a test-script available that covers most of Python's functionality? I want to run a test script after installing Python on a new platform, and I wanted some confirmation that some obscure piece of functionality hasn't tripped up.

This sound paranoid, but we had a language setting problem in one installation that meant that all decimal points were rounded down. This was because an application we were interfacing with was using a comma to mark the decimal place, whereas Python was using a point.

Regards,

Mike

Thank for that, Eric.

I've had a problem with it, however. I looked "make test" up on python.org, and I found this page: This mentions make test (for UNIX) and rt.bat (for PC), as well as the 'test' module.

As I'm on PC, I tried to use rt.bat - but it doesn't appear to be on my machine or network (this is a network installation, and I'm not the owner). The 'test' module imports, but appears to be empty - and certainly doesn't contain the advertised 'regrtest' function.

Just an incomplete installation, do you think?

Regards,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back