Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IS there a problem with installing W2k...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Drisnil

MIS
Mar 29, 2003
US
Does anyone know what problems could occur if you take microsoft up on the option & changing the default path for NTDS and Sysvol when first installing the server software?

Does it matter if you do not place those files on the Boot/OS partition aka "C" drive ?

What would cause a root domain to stop acting as the Global Server? In our "domain", there is only the root server, but there is a one way non-transitive trust to a WinNT4 Domain PDC.

I am at a loss for words as to why this incident with the Global server occurred. Although, in the Application event view log, there was this entry...

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeSA
Event Category: RFR Interface
Event ID: 9143
Date: 4/3/2003
Time: 10:18:42 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CONFIDENCE
Description:
Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the NSPI Service. Clients making RFR requests will fail to connect until a Global Catalog becomes available again. After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, it must be rebooted to support MAPI Clients.

For more information, click
For more information, see Help and Support Center at

Anyone have any ideas?

Weijinu
[sadeyes]

Anybody have any ideas? I have been seeing this same error in the event logs on my Exchange server (which is also a GC server). Is there a change I need to make to allow the GC to support the NSPI Service?

Mark

Most likely a DNS problem. On your domain controller(s), do a net stop netlogon/net start netlogon and an IP config /registerdns. Make sure all of these servers use an internal dns server. (preferably the same while you are trying to solve this problem).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back