Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a limitation when dialing Virtual Ext/Guest VM internally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2001
US
I have setup a bunch of Virtual Ext and Guest VM for all the off site Sales People (They don't need a physical phone in the office.) Now here is the situation. Some of the phone call to our operator that will need to transfer to these Virtual VM. When do a regular transfer to the Extension will give a message "NOT IN SERVICE", while from externally, I have no problem at all. I know that call can be transferred directly to these VM via F-986 , but

My question is: Is this a limitation of the Norstar System? or there are extra steps that need to be done to have this working?

What you are try to do is Transfer a call to a phone but the phone is not plugged in so yes it will not work and this is why you use F986.
Perhaps you would like to McGiver sumthin? what is it you are up to?
You could tell a mail box that it belongs to the ext # that belongs to the last unused port of the system eg Ext 36 on port 116. Then tell that Ext to forward to vmail in admin programing.
~Will Nortel soon be NoTel??~

Just want to know if there is an easier way to do the transfer instead of a bunch of button before the actual extension. We have a heavy volume of phone calls so the simpler the transfering the better it is for our receptionist.

In that case program a button if you have not done so.

Press Feat*3 then press a button you want to use as the 986 feature then press Feature986.
To handle call press the the new Vtrans button and ext number.
~Will Nortel soon be NoTel??~

Curlycord has the right of it. Give a transfer to vmail button. They hit the button dial the mailbox number and hang up! MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com
If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back