Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a formula to return an array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokazoit

Technical User
Sep 16, 2004
DK
Coloumn C in my worksheet has several chainnames, something like this:

Bilka
Bilka
Bilka
Bilka

Føtex
Føtex
Føtex

CK
CK
CK
CK
CK

SB
SB
SB

etc.

Is there a formula that can return the array of each chain in column C?

in the coloumns from D and onwards there will be a list of campaingns in each chain for each week in a year:
Week1 2 3 4 5 6

Bilka P - - - - -
Bilka - - - H - -
Bilka - O - O - -
Bilka F - - F - F

etc.

So what I will be looking for is, what array the chain Bilka is represented within coloumn C

When I know the array I will count campaigns in each week. In the example above there are 2 campaigns in week 1, 1 in week 2, 0 in week 3 etc.

In advance tx :)

H5,

Take a look at SUMPRODUCT function.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

The sumproduct function seems great to do the last part of the job, but in Coloumn C I need to find the array of each chain before I can move to use the sumproduct function :p

Anyone? :)

Then look at the OFFSET function.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be advised:[/red] When you ignite a firecracker in a bowl of vanilla, chocolate & strawberry ice cream, you get...
Neopolitan Blownapart! [tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back