Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a data bound grid control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustell

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
US
Does Access 97 come with a data bound grid control?

I currently put my records in a List Box control, but that does not allow for sorting or resizing fields.
Pat B

Yes, its called subform with a datasheet view. I know it isn't very helpful but, after playing with grid controls for some time I've come to the conclusion that the datasheet is the most versitle. You can control its recordsource or load it with a recordset. you can even create it dynamically.

Anyone else have any ideas on it?

Bob [jester2]

Yes, I know all about subforms. I use them quite a bit, however there are some limitations as to what you can do with the datasheet view.
Pat B

Does anyone know how to... when clicking/selecting a certain cell in that datasheet, ...return the contents of the column & row names or labels?

Rich

Hi Setirich,

You want to return the value of that particular cell or control name of the cell.

Pl. clarify

Shyam

Shyam
cwizshyam@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back