Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there a cable migration path from 2400IPX to SV9500? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

necphoneyguy

Technical User
Mar 28, 2016
US
Sales people are telling me there is no way to do cable migration from 2400IPX to SV9500. Does this really mean I have to do a forklift upgrade and replace everything?

The New IP Telephony Server UNIVERGE SV9500 (hereinafter called SV9500) can be installed into your system
without wasting the existing assets, including SV8500 PIR, IPX PIM, circuit cards, terminals and IP devices
used in UNIVERGE SV8500 (hereinafter called SV8500) system/UNIVERGE SV7000 (hereinafter called
SV7000) system/UNIVERGE NEAX2400 IPX (hereinafter called IPX) system. You can reuse them in SV9500
system as in the previous system. This migration provides lower cost and requires a shorter period for installing
the SV9500 system.
This is straight out of the NEC migration manual.

You may want to ask your sales team if this is going to effect your PAD cards.
The SV9500 abandons that philosophy, I think it carries over to cable migrations but verify with your sales engineers.
Thanks,

We were just told that we would have to get our IPX "current" with regards to software assurance before we could do a cable migration.
That made the project cost prohibitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back