Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is There A Batch Printing Application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhadsock

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
US
I have created a report that prompts for a parameter. Now, I am looking for an application that I could use to "batch" print the report while submitting different values for the parameter for each printed report.

Does anyone know of such an application? I have seen Crystal Desk and it is not quite what I am looking for as I don't whant to have to schedule it based on time.

Thanks.

Take a look at KnowledgeSync - you can get a 30 day eval from VineyardSoftware. It would allow you to read the parameter values from an ODBC source then run multiple reports.
Might be a bit overkill for your needs but worth a try.
Only other solution is a bit of VB code - it wouldn't take much.

See faq149-1479 Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I just recently completed debugging (thanks to help in here) a small vb app that does something similar. We have a requirement for batch report transmission to respective managers as PDF e-mail attachments.

I use ADO to loop through a list of managers, passing their code to a crystal report as a parameter, the ado recordset also passes their e-mail address for mailing.

I'm still in testing phase, and running from within SQL scheduler, but have been testing interactively.

The code has changed slightly since I asked for help here, but you can get an idea what my code is doing by browsing
my question on April 12

"CRAXDRT error missing or our of date dll when using Crystal 8.5 in vb"

Hope this gives so some ideas

Regards, Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back