Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IS THERE A 0% GRADIENT OPTION IN ILLUSTRATOR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastbayrk

Technical User
Jan 22, 2008
US
Hey guys! I haven't posted anything in a long time!

Here is the thing. We need to know if the is a option in illustrator that allows for a 0% gradient that then becomes a color. so imagine a box with a picture then a box placed over the picture and that box has a blue gradient that is placed ontop. How can I make the gradient be 0% fill to 100% fill, without using any form of transparency.

I have a project that when printed on white fabric the blue gradient creates a ivory yellow gradient to blue. I have played with all possiblities including our color issues with the printer. Everything is okay. We just need to find a solution via illustrator. I think this 0% gradient option may be the key.

Any help with how to do this would be very helpful thank you very much!

...not sure i completely understand your post here...

...with 0% you either mean white or transparent...

>>> imagine a box with a picture then a box placed over the picture and that box has a blue gradient that is placed ontop. How can I make the gradient be 0% fill to 100% fill, without using any form of transparency. <<<

...for the picture and blue to fade/show you have to use transparency...

...with CS4 you can have transparent stops on gradients, any version lower you have to use a transparency mask on top of the element you need to fade, either the picture masked on top of solid blue box...

...or a solid blue box with the mask above the picture box...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back