Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is the "next" function the only way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc3596

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
is there an alternate method to using the next or previous functions. I have version 8. My situation: My grouping is by Procedure Date. In details I have rooms, start times and end times for the procedure. I need to take the next records start time and subtract it from the current records end time. This gives me a turnover time for the room. Is there another way? I need to base some percentages and totals off this value. However, I believe that the next and previous functions are evaluated in the 2nd pass by Crystal. Thus, no other calculations can be done on it.

Some totals can be calculated off of this value if you use variables to create running totals. See the FAQ in the main forum on Running totals and use the 3-formula technique. You can do sums and counts which can be combined to do some other operations, like averages. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back