Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is the PMBOK 1996 edition ofered free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franjeteque

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2004
ES
Hi,

I have found a link in which you can download the 1996 PMBOK edition for free.

Does anybody knows under what terms can this edition be used?

Can anyone distribute it?
Do you need PMI permission?
Can I incorporate some of it content to my project management methodology?

thanks in advance,
Fran

The only sure answer would be a reply from the copyright owner. Based on my current knowledge (I am a member of PMI and have my PMP) I expect they will tell you two things:

(1) The publication is protected by copyright and all copyright provisions apply. (In other words: limited quotations for the purposes of review or limited extracts to be cited in another original work.)

(2) The version is *seriously* out of date (especially -- but not exclusively -- Risk).

If you are at all interested in the processes (note: PMBOK is most definitely *NOT* a methodology) then get either the 2000 edition (the basis of the PMP exam until the end of 2005) or the most recent edition which was released earlier this month.

BTW, I was able to pick up a used copy of the 2000 PMBOK on Amazon for a rather reduced price - might want to check there since the new edition is out now.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that noboby appreciates how difficult it was.
- Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back