Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Symposium Link the same as Meridian Link? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CKDANG007

Vendor
May 9, 2005
US
How do I check my Symposium Express to see if Symposium Link is configured in the ELAN?

I am preparing to add a 3 party recording application and need to know how to configure Symposium Link or Meridian Link. Please help.

Meridian Link
Meridian Link (MLink) is an interface used for communication between a host
application and the switch. The interface facilitates the integration of the
computer and the switch. In this integrated environment, the host processor
interacts with the switch by exchanging application layer messages.
You can develop Meridian Link applications, which allow you to use
information taken from the switch (such as Caller ID), connect to another
application to retrieve a matching record from a database, and then provide a
screen pop to help agents prepare for the call.

Meridian Link Services
Meridian Link Services (MLS) is a process running on Symposium Call Center
Server that gives the customer CTI server access to the Meridian Link interface.
Through MLS, the server can connect to Meridian Link applications over the
CLAN.
External applications register with MLS to obtain access to application layer
messages. MLS commands that result in call processing requests are sent over
the ELAN to the switch. Examples of external applications that can register with
MLS include Telephony API (TAPI) Service Provider and Computer Telephony
Integration (CTI).
Note: The Give IVR command with Symposium Voice Services on CallPilot
requires Meridian Link.

Mato' Was'aka

in symposium you need to change the script to the new route. in the symn server go to call flow admin then scripts. give ran xx or give music xx with xx=to the route number..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the recordings do not live in the server but either a miran card or anolder interillia style box

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Your message shows your MLS/Symposium knowledge. I am stumped with a CTI application for presenting Caller ID screen pops to our Agent's desktops. I have SCCS 4.2 and a TAPI 3.0 on a server that has been allowing outbound CTI with call integration through MLS for "click" to place outbound calls out of Microsoft Outlook Contacts with the call placed through Nortel 3904 phoneset. Now we are trying to present CLID to the Agent desktop on inbound calls through a very simple program loaded on the desktop. I added Agent CDN and Position ID for monitoring in the Microsoft TAPI software. I added AST feature on both keys 0 and 1 in our PBX. We can only get the CLID on inbound to the personal DN on key 0 and not on Sympoisum toll-free skillset calls to Agent's key 0. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? BTW, I can't get any inbound CLID on non-SCCS agent phones to interface with new screen pop application.
Thanks for any tips or guidance you can give. Diane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back