Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is site override of php.ini possible? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
I am migrating a movabletype based site to a new hosting provider who uses cPanel/WHS to provide virtual web sites.
Movabletype generates URL based includes which the current php is disallowing. I know there is a setting in php.ini to allow this but I don't want it for all sites. Only the specific site or sites. Is there any method to have a user-specific php.ini processed by php at execution time?
It appears that the apache server is using mod_php.

Any help appreciated - Thanks

you can apply per site directives and per site php.ini from within cpanel

Thanks jpadie,

Would you be willing to share the place to do so to allow me to share it with the host system admin? He is not aware of that process.

there are many ways.
1. just upload a php.ini to the root directory of your website
2. edit the httpd.conf for the website (or the relevant vhost.conf)
3. add the directives to .htaccess

the disadvantage of items 1 and 3 is that you have configuration options in multiple places.
the disadvantage of 2 is that cPanel will probably mangle the changes every time you use it.

option 4 : make the changes in cPanel itself. This webpage (the cPanel user guide) refers...

Thanks again jpadie. Your kind response is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back