Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is Sidekick 98 compatible with Pocket PC Or Palm? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaWaSue

Technical User
Jan 4, 2003
US
I'm debating whether to get a Pocket PC or a Palm & my
decision rests largely on which is more compatible with
Sidekick. I am using Sidekick 98 and have a LOT of data in it - mainly memo files & contact files. I do not use the calendar. From what I gather from reading this forum, it comes down to a choice between importing all files into Outlook (Pocket PC) or into Palm Desktop (Palm). It sounds like it's possible to synch Sidekick with Palm. Anyone have any feedback? Thank you!!!!!!

Yes, I synched my Sidekick 98 data with Palm Pilot. One problem, however. I had to merge my cardfiles into one, before hotsynching, since it did not seem to accomodate multiple address books.

Someone else, may have more data on this however.

I know this is probably too late and trivial but I have used an old versionof PUMA INTELISYNC Version 2.0.3 that does support Sidekick 98 with palm superbly. THe problem is to find a copy of this version. When Starfish became a synchronizer competitor Puma dropped support for Sidekick 98 from any newer releases, a shame.

I have a version of sk that I paid for but I lost the password - I have just got a palm and if anyone can tell me how to synch this to the palm (once I remember the password)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back